List of required documents
For the file of divorce with a minor child the following documents are required (in principle), and they must be presented in original copies at the date of signing the papers:
- The marriage certificate;
- The identity cards;
- The child’s birth certificate;
- The birth certificate of the spouses.
- Both spouses personally file the request for the dissolution of marriage (or by a special authenticated power of attorney);
- A reconciliation period of at least one month is granted. The term will be established by agreement between the parties;
- The notary submits a letter to Child Welfare Authority of the sector to which the minor’s residence belongs so that it can carry out a child welfare investigation for the minor;
- On the established date the following is issued: The Divorce Certificate;
- On the established date an agreement regarding the minor will also be signed, and, in principle, it will cover the following essential aspects:
- Parental authority is exercised jointly by both spouses;
- The minor’s residence. The minor who is 10 years old or older will be heard by a notary;
- Share of contribution of the parent separated from the child to the expenses for the bringing up and education of the child;
- Visiting schedule.