A donation is a contract by which, with the intention of gratification, one party, called the donor, irrevocably disposes of an asset in favor of the other party, called the donee.
The donation will be concluded by authentic deed, under the penalty of absolute nullity.
Manual gifts are exempted from the obligation of having an authentic form.
Tangible movable property with a value of up to 25,000 lei may be the subject of a manual gift, except the cases provided for by law. The movable properties which are the subject of the gift must be listed and valued in a written document, even under private signature, otherwise the gift will be absolutely null and void.
List of required documents
- For the authentication of the donation contract the following documents are required (in principle), and they must be presented in original copies at the date of signing the papers:
- The identity cards of the signatories;
- The marriage certificates (if applicable), birth certificates or other civil status documents proving kinship (if applicable);
- The property deeds;
- The certificate of registration the ownership right and the cadastral documentation;
- The drawing to scale/sketches;
- The tax certificate for each owner (per taxpayer’s personal identification number) valid for 30 days from the date of issue by the Local Tax Department of the sector/city to which the property belongs;
- The proof of payment of the utilities bills (electricity, natural gas, Apa Nova);
- The certificate from the owners’ association (if it is constituted).